Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

A New Year, how did you bring it in? I sat in bed with my husband, timing contractions and playing a word game on the computer. It was 1 o'clock when we realized it was the new year.

Not much changes when you go from one decade to the next, only a day apart. It is like when you turn 18 or 21- unless you are a drinker or smoker, does this age hold some magical power? I think the wonder of a new year wears off after greeting almost 30 new years. Usually greeting the new year means staying up late, something I don't like since I am then tired the next day. I don't like being tired.




The past week has been fun. We went to the river again, took many walks, and I sewed quite a bit. Yesterday alone, Travis and I walked over 3 miles. We were trying to have a baby. Didn't work.

Today is very rainy. The clothing won't dry on the line, it feels cold. But on a better note, I am so glad hurricane season is finished. We will just be on the starting 2010 hurricane season when we leave here. For now we have tourist season, a merry time where we have a hard tiem finding transport when we need it. I will be glad to be back where we have a vehicle with enough seatbelts for all passengers, and they are required to use them. I will feel much safer when my littles are buckled into car seats again.

When we leave here, we will have only Trajun and the new baby to deal with car seats. Last time we were back, Taya was old enough to sit without a car seat or booster.

No comments: