Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving already?

Phew! the year has flown by with no thought to what we are doing. Thanksgiving! Well, for me, this holiday brings up memories of famiy gatherings and turkey dinner. I remember as a child the ladies shooing us out of the kitchen so we would not be underfoot while they were preparing a huge feast. Turkey, mountains of mashed potatoes, gravy, dressing, pumpkin pie, cranberry sauce... the list goes on.
I would go on, but my stomach is aching just thinking of it!

We are not having our turkey dinner today... boohoo. But we will be gathering on Sunday for a big feast. I think I better make 2 pots of potatoes. Lately when we make mashed potatoes for a typical dinner for just us, I have to make 6 quarts of mashed potatoes! Trevin himself can eat a huge plateful, not to mention the 3 servings Trajun downs. I think they like potatoes!

No comments: