Sunday, July 26, 2009

Friday's travels, Saturday's resting

11am Sitting at the airport. This morning I woke at 6:30 and could not get back to sleep no matter what I did so I started mt day by taking a swim in warm seawater. There were quite a many joggers out. It was beautiful and calm. The hotel website says that the beach is 2 blocks away. Yeah right, try 4-1/2 blocks. But it was pretty close and made for an interesting walk. I like getting on the back roads and seeing the less common area rather than just staying on the strip.
After my swim, I took a nice shower and then went down to breakfast at the hotel restaurant. Bummer that internet is not in the rooms, only in the lobby and restaurants. After breakfast, I walked the 1/2 mile to Walgreen’s and shopped a bunch more. The only thing I could not get was socks for Travis. I could have bought diabetic/sensitive feet socks for him, but he wants ankle socks.
The taxi arrived early to pick me up and bring me here to the airport. It is still one hour before my palne boards, and I better get moving to the security gate. I want to get Travis a Cinnabon before I board. There is a mini shop right by my gate. I still have to figure out what I will eat for lunch. I want good Mexican food, but I will have to settle for fast Mexican.
I just met a little girl named Zoey. She is Puerto Rican, three years old, and speaks only Spanish but is very cute with her raven hair and blue dress. Her and her mama and two grandmas are on their way to Venezuala for a short visit. What fun.
Off to the gate I go.

Noon Sitting at gate 16-19 waiting for Dom flight to board. I want to get back to my family, but I want to stay here in civilization. Trying to keep sane. Decided not to eat lunch as I am feeling queasy and don't want to ralph on the plane. My sinuses are starting to plug up- recirculated air.
Watched a little bit of Star Wars IV. I could not get online at the airport since their wireless is down except for the admiral's club, but you have to sign up for a year to get that. No way, not now. I don't travel enough. Maybe some day when I travel a lot or whatever.

Recap of the rest of the day. My pc died on the plane, so I could not type anymore until I arrived home. Then when I arrived home, I reheated left overs, fed my family, and went to bed.
Saturday I rested and let the children watch some cartoons. Travis was gone most of the day at the health fair held every semester at his school. He left before 8am and did not return until 6pm. We had chicken and dumplings for dinner. And went to bed early.

No comments: